Saturday, January 8, 2011

no time to waste


Just like everyone else, my new year resolution is to lose weight - my pregnancy weight to be more specific.  After the holiday season and my recent eat-a-thon, here I am, faced with a huge stepback in reaching my original weight.  I mean I was already really close before Christmas, but now have just put back 1.4 lbs.  It may not sound like a lot, but trust me, I can feel it in my jeans!

Attack plan:

1) Chew my food:

I often eat too fast and feel overstuffed afterwards.  Instead of swallowing everything down, chewing will give my brain enough time to signal that I'm full. 

2) Drink water:

I don't drink enough water mostly because it doesn't taste much.  Not that I use to drink a lot of pop, but even juice is high on sugar and calories.

3) Cut 1/2 on desserts:

Limit myself to one dessert a day instead of one (sometimes two) dessert after each meal.

I know I should also include an exercise plan but food intake is actually the single most important element in weight lost.  Once I'll achieve the ideal weight, then I'll work on toning.

No comments:

Post a Comment